Can someone tell what is going on ?

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
The last few months I do have the feeling the way of posting topics and replies on new and old topics seems to totally different as it used to be previously. In the old days there were some spammers, ok, annoying, but quickly removed by Rob and other moderators. It seems the posts/replies tend to become some type of recurrent asking of older issues/problems time after time and redirecting existing topics towards one way or another, completely deferring from the original problem posted by the original poster.

So I would suggest the new forum members to keep the posts seriously. Do make some searches before on this forum or even on the net, before posting questions. It will keep the posts clean and neat and more easily readible for everyone. I too do some searching on the net before posting some problems and questions.

I do have the feeling some posts have become like "High Tea's" with time after time the same old pictures of the same photo album of my mother-in-law shown again and again, forcing me to think: Ohhh, no not again the same stuff.....

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
pharmacist
I get the feeling we are drinking from the same cup because it sure tastes the same.
I am glad you brought this up.. :(

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Have the two of you been drinking a lot today?

Pharmacist's post reads like Belgianese (Dutch/German/French) translated to Chinese and then into English by way of Xhosa (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_l7ty_MH_Y&feature=related). Meanwhile, The Hat's hallucinating about backwards walking blind people.

Most of all, I'm concerned for my own health because I understand them and haven't had a drop to drink.

slocumeddie

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
5669_alanpost.gif

380 posts in 2 months..............is this some kind of record? :/ :D

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
stratman Thats my boy Ill have you of the fire water yet.
O by the way the blind man was running backwards, because he couldnt see where he was going and nobody on here can read brail either.. :)

jopereira

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I'll take the hit... :)
Forum newbies tend to ask again because:

1. Information is many times fragmented and not exactly aligned;
2. Information could be dated, so they tend to ask again to see if there are recent(/diferent) conclusions;

Experts oppinions for "my particular" problem is always a good thing.
Just talking for myself, a big thank you to forum residents who make possible to pass their knowledge to others.

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
And some are just too lazy to ask ::/

We have more free info available than ever before through the availability of the internet, but it''s a double edged sword.

Surveys have shown that people now do a version of speed reading on websites, a bit like scanning the headlines in a paper. The result of this is that people accumulate more diverse info than ever before, but many fail to study anything in detail.

The internet breeds impatience for many. It's easier and quicker to ask than search.

Fortunately a lot of kind members on internet forums will answer a question even if it has been answered many times before.

Sometimes perhaps they get irritated by seeing the same question over and over.

Many Forums have "stickies" for common subjects. In this forum perhaps it would be good to have them on the German Method, Purging carts, etc. all common printer activities.

As joperirera points out sometimes new info appears that supersedes older posts, and sometimes the old posts are still correct, but with sticky posts they could be updated to keep pace with developments.

I for one greatly appreciate this excellent forum, without which I would have bought the wrong printer and would never have enjoyed printing due to the cost implications of OEM ink.

And the community is a good one too, unlike some other rather unfriendly forums

I must shut up now and get to work on something more boring than inkjets :)