Can some one help please

bauercrew

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
i have a canon mp530 that i have been refilling cartridges for about 18 months everything was working great up to about 2 weeks ago my bk cartidge isnt printing when i do the nozzle check there is nothing there. all other colors are still great so i tryed the the purge test(where you put the windex on the sponges to the right i did that three times and there was no fluid left there)then i tryed to put the windex on the screen of the print head three times and did numerous cleaning cycles and still no luck. put in a known GOOD cartridge and ran the nozzle check still no luck (i have a ip4200 that i also use thats were i took the cartidge from and it prints a nozzle check fine) what brought it to my atention was the wife went to print a photo on glossy paper like she has done before but this time the blacks came out with a purple tint,but when we print on plain paper they look perfect other than not being on gloss paper any sugestions oh and by the way we dont print that many pics but we do a lot of docs with this printer could that have caused the problem thanks for you help

bauercrew

d1hamby

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Could you have gotten the wrong black pigment ink? Or check for good connections on the back of the ink head and the printer.

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Sometimes a "known" good cartridge isn't enough to determine with absolute knowledge where the problem is. Trying a new OEM cartridge often time either helps isolate the problem to the print head or you find out it's in the cartridge.

But I would start first by removing all the cartridges, then remove the print head and clean all its contacts. You can clean the contacts by wiping them with alcohol. Be sure to clean the contacts in the printer too. Then you can also clean the chip contacts inside the print head. Finally clean the chips themselves. Check that all your inlet seals for the print head are all there in position and in good condition. You can also lay the print head on some paper towels moistened with windex and drop some black ink on the metal screen and it should get sucked into the print head and get deposited on the paper towel, if not then it's possible there is clogging, usually dripping windex or alcohol onto the screens helps bust the clogs up. That's about all you can do to ensure the print head is in optimal condition.

You still should buy a new OEM cartridge to test with. If after all the above procedures you still can't get a decent pigment black printout I'd say the problem is unrecoverable.