Can anyone tell me where I can get this cartridge?

ocular

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I bought a second hand MP730 here in Australia and it had these compatible cartridges in place. Interestingly they are very close to OEM cartridges in that the venting grove follows a course that has the two wells like the Canon OEM. These type of cartridge look very suitable to use as part of a CIS. The elbows I use consist of two parts a silastic sleeve and a plastic elbow. These wells over the sponge section are ideal to take this elbow when drilled slightly bigger.

They also appear to have a strong front clip.

If any one can identify this and its supplier I would be interested in sourcing some.

unknown1.jpg

unknown2.jpg

unknown3.jpg

I noted that this cartridge had been installed in the printhead but the sponge vent tab had not been removed.

tyamada

Printer Guru
Reaction score
The cartridges are the same as the BCI-6, get the same colors that your are replacing.

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
These are BCI-3 compatibles, most likely made in China. Besides being easily refillable, there are many, many companies making satisfactory compatibles...almost all will work well for you. Look at what is for sale on eBay, and look at the photos - you might find identical cartridges there. If you insist on these exact ones, take an empty and try to find a knowledgeable seller....and good luck!

ocular

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I was hoping that someone could perhaps identify the exact supplier by recognising the label. Many of the compatibles don't have discrete wells in the sponge vent maze like in the OEM. These wells are ideal for oversize drilling and then the right angle spigot to make a CIS will fit neatly.

I have direct experience with 5 different compatible BCI-3 and none of them have this design of the OEM. The one in the picture has. But I came across this cartridge with a second hand printer and don't know the source. With the pictures on ebay haven't been able to identify such detail.