Calendar in 3D !..

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3

Every year I print a Christmas Countdown Calendar, it starts 11 weeks before and is a great ready reckoner to show how many shopping days to go till ?.. (22 years now)

But its tiresome to change everything around for each year, and besides that my love for any sort of printing has diminished and I just don’t like waking up a printer for so little print work.

But now my love is 3D printing and I taught it was time to see if first, I could make up a calendar in 3D and to see if that would work and be reusable too.

The existing paper calendar is 45 x 32 cm so I’ll have to make the 3D one a bit smaller to fit my hot bed, I was thinking of printing it in two halves but that was ruled out for practical reasons, (To much like work)

I’ll make it the same size in SCAD and reduce it down later to print and it won’t be as colourful as the paper one but I’ll try add as much colour as I can, plus I reckon to change it for each year will be easy, it will only be a matter of altering the days of the week for each year.

Right now its half in OPENSCAD and half in my head, but with the whole summer ahead I should be able to come up with something useful, and I’ll update the thread when I finally have something to show..

Untitled-1.jpg click to enlarge

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
I woudn't dare to start a project like that. Too much for my small bed printer and my even smaller skills..
Do you plan to add colors changing filaments or painting a 'monochrome image' afterwards. ?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I woudn't dare to start a project like that. Too much for my small bed printer and my even smaller skills..
Do you plan to add colors changing filaments or painting a 'monochrome image' afterwards. ?
I taught the very same as you, but you know me, I’m a bit of a Feckin eejit and a devil for punishment, I plan on using several different colour filament and changing them each time as I go.. Will it work..:hu

bluestang

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, EpsonArtisan730
Looking at that pic I thought is was some crazy damn Irish Bingo game or something :lol:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
After my initial problem of under extrusion was resolved (Thank you) I was able to get the first part of my Countdown Calendar finished, and I am now working on the Mon thought to Sun and then when I get all of the 76 counters complete I’ll put her together..

This is it, hot off the press..

P.S. the green is just the brim.. O' and the finished article will look completely different..

P1020032.jpgP1020033.jpg click to enlarge..

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Nicely done!!!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Well I got all the pieces of the Christmas Countdown finished and put it together this morning, ironically its exactly 6 months till the 25th.

It will only be a matter of swapping out the days of the week each year to bring it up to date, and it will save me having to make up and print out a new one each year..

P.S. I don’t know why I didn’t think of it before, it’s a no brainer.. It will start on the 10th October each year, and we'll have 76 shopping days to get the right gift..

CountDown.jpg CountDown3.jpg Click to enlarge..

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
we'll have 76 shopping days to get the right gift
I didn't think you were that hard to buy a gift for. I figured a bottle of Southern Comfort and a bottle of Stadium Mustard for your Wednesday hot dog and you're good to go. :)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Here we are coming up to our biggest Holiday with only 4 days to go, and my 3D countdown Calendar worked brilliantly but then I didn’t except it not to, and the best part is it will work for every year and proceeding years..

It saved hours of work in Illustrator shifting the days around and then double checking to make sure it was correct before printing and laminating it, then do the same every year..

It still amazes me just how many everyday things can be made with a 3D printer..
CountDown.jpg

Latest posts