C84 Printhead removal

sonicam

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Can anyone advise how to get the printhead out of an Epson C84 for cleaning? I've taken the whole machine to pieces, but just can't see how to actually remove the head! Thanks for any help.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
You don't need to take the thing apart and if anything you'd be highly advised NOT to take it apart because once you disassemble it enough to get to the printhead you'd need a full Epson jig to get it all reconfigured and aligned properly.

Instead you'd be better off getting a decent cleaning solution (search is your friend on this) and some empty cartridges, fill em up with the cleaning solution and allow them to sit in the printer for a day... Run a cleaning cycle, print off a nozzle check.. .leave for another day, repeat, etc...

You'll find that the solution will slowly but surely disolve any blockage and get you back to a fully functional printer... Done this more than once myself on C84, C86, D88 and a CX6600 with no problems... the only hard part is that it requires patience, which I'm not exactly natually benefitting from :p

sonicam

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks for that - I don't think I've busted anything yet!
My next problem is empty carts. Presumably my old cards won't allow me to run a cleaning cycle as they are blown as 'empty'. Do I have to empty some new ones??

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
sonicam said:
Thanks for that - I don't think I've busted anything yet!
My next problem is empty carts. Presumably my old cards won't allow me to run a cleaning cycle as they are blown as 'empty'. Do I have to empty some new ones??
Look around for empty carts on ebay and the like and you should be able to find what you need... I wouldn't blow any existing or new ones.

You'll need a chip resetter or autoreset chips to resolve the chip issue too.