Buying new printer??? please help...

handbent

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I would agree with some of the posts above and say to stay with the canon you already have and just refill the ink cartridges yourself. I have had very good experiences with canon printers. If you are determined to get a new one I would personally go with the HP.

-Alex

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
ghwellsjr said:
If I were buying a new Canon printer, I would get one that had a total of five cartridges, and had a larger number of nozzles. More nozzles mean quicker printing times. That would be the MP830, the MP600, or the MP800.
Excellent point. Canon printers in general have much higher nozzle numbers than most HP especially Epson printers. This alone makes Canon printers higher printing speed, higher resolution which translates into higher quality, and higher color vibrancy for printing photos. Canon ink cartridges are the cheapest among the 3 mainjor brand names.

One shortcoming of Canon printers is they are very difficult for CISS or CFS to work on them reliably. Unreliable CISS/CFS can cause damage to Canon print heads. If you have no requirement to use CISS/CFS Canon should be truly a good choice for your general printing needs.

jflan

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
handbent said:
I would agree with some of the posts above and say to stay with the canon you already have and just refill the ink cartridges yourself. I have had very good experiences with canon printers. If you are determined to get a new one I would personally go with the HP.

-Alex
For the individual that prints occasionally, HP might be a good choice with its "printhead-on-cartridge" design.
If the printhead fails due to infrequent usage, simply replace the cartridge.
Also, some of the newer HP carts are low volume, which would be compliant with occasional use.

The Canons however, have been very good to me and as such, Canon would be my first choice.

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
If you are looking for a decent Canon "Photo Printer", Staples is selling Canon ip6700D for $99. I was at the Staples yesterday and they had a few boxes of the printer. Those were new ones not refurb'ed.

jflan

Printing Ninja
Reaction score

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
That's a good one. If their ip6700D is still on sale this will be one hell of a deal.