borderless, sponge, pigment, questions...

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Fine, if it's then working give it a try, I'm not familiar with Linux/Turboprint etc. It'll be interesting to hear from you whether/how it is working

te36

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
various
yes, will play around with turboprint i a while. Btw: that software is available for windows and mac as well, same features.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Btw: that software is available for windows and mac as well, same features.
but does not support L300 type printers to overcome the missing borderless print option

te36

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
various
You're the one who figures out what printer models are almost identical (eg: when we discussed L1300/ET14000) ;-)

Download printfab windows, it comes with 30 days trial license for free, and try to use the ET2550 driver on your L300. From Epsons web pages it looks like the same print print head / print features. If Epson has not changed the ESC/P2 command codes between those two printers it should work. And if it works in general, then the page size editor seems to be the tool to define borderless for arbitrary paper sizes.

I did ask on the turboprint forum once how to do profiling with my own gear, threre is a good reply. You do of course need to do new profiles with prints through the driver itself and then tell the driver to use those profiles, eg: can not reuse profiles for your existing windows driver.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
and try to use the ET2550 driver on your L300.
nope, it won't print borderless, and Zedonet confirms this

'Unser ET2550-Treiber hat in der Tat die Option randlos zu drucken, hierbei handelt es sich jedoch offensichtlich um einen Fehler in der Zusammenstellung der Beta-Version. Der ET2550 kann ebenso wie der L300 nicht randlos drucken.' Those printers won't support borderless with the Printfab drivers, it's limited in the firmware. So much for that.