Borderless print with canon pro 1

marco

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma pro1
Hi, I come straight to the point.

When i print without edges, at the end of the sheet there is a slightly different color line. I have this problem with a3+ sheets. I use hahanemuele fine art baryta satin, or photo luster. I don't know if the problem is due to the paper or printer. I attach 2 photos.

Help!!!!!! IMG_20170226_161111.jpg IMG_20170226_161130.jpg
IMG_20170226_161111.jpg
IMG_20170226_161130.jpg

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi @marco, There is no real easy answer to your problem because it can be caused by a few different things, usually your media may have a slight kink, curl or bow in the edge, but the main reason is the printer does not like doing borderless with normal print settings. (Head strikes)

The best way of preventing this from happening is to alter your print head height setting by switching on Prevent “Paper Abrasion”, this can be found in Properties / Custom Settings...
Head Strikes.png

marco

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma pro1
I tried to change the print settings. I created different sized papers (35x53 cm) and the line is no longer there, because the printer draws this line always at 3.5 cm from the bottom edge, any sheet paper I use. Thus, printing on paper a3 + (32,9x 48.3 cm) the line would be drawn at about 1.5 cm out from the sheet. As a solution, it is ok, even if, at the upper edge appears of a 0.5 cm edge that can not be eliminated. Bah!!!!:he:somad

marco

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma pro1
I could not fix it. The service said that the printer does not have any mechanical problem and the print head works well. It may depend on the ram? Does anyone have the canon pro1 service manual? please Help me. I tried with all available sheets. Even with the original canon sheets. Same problem. Tried even on different PCs.HELP!!!!!!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi @marco, if your paper does not have any curl or humps in it and switching on Prevent Paper Abrasion does not cure your problem, then you have a problem with your printer, and the only other thing that I know of that would cause this to keep on happening on you is, are you trying to print borderless, which can be the only reason left...

PM me and I’ll arrange to get you a Service Manual..
P.S. The ram is not the problem...

Latest posts