Black&White work flow for the Canon PRO 9500MKII

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Does anyone using this fantastic printer have a well tested work flow for B&W printing on the PRO 9500 MKII?
I am producing near perfect matches from my calibrated monitor and Red River papers and their ICC profiles for the same printer but I was wondering how I should approach B&W jobs on this machine. Should I just convert to B&W ( keeping RGB info ) or to Gray scale in Photoshop and print as I would print color. Or should I use Canon's Gray-scale Printing setting. Will that use all the blacks in combo with the rest of the colors to create a " Neutral "
Print?

Thanks

Joe

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
jtoolman wrote said:
Does anyone using this fantastic printer have a well tested work flow for B&W printing on the PRO 9500 MKII?
I am producing near perfect matches from my calibrated monitor and Red River papers and their ICC profiles for the same printer but I was wondering how I should approach B&W jobs on this machine. Should I just convert to B&W ( keeping RGB info ) or to Gray scale in Photoshop and print as I would print color. Or should I use Canon's Gray-scale Printing setting. Will that use all the blacks in combo with the rest of the colors to create a " Neutral "
Print?

Thanks

Joe
Sorry joe I am not into photos in any big way, if is a nice picture then I just hit print mostly A4
using Lidls Suhl cheap glossy photo paper and then not necessarily using the pro 9500.

So the best thing you can do is to use all three of these settings using a good quality photo to start with,
just print a single 4x6 with each of your settings in turn.
Youll then have some idea which is the best setting to use in all of your future B&W prints on that paper
and you can use just a single A4 cut sheet up into 4 pieces..:)

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Well I just turned off color management in the driver and let Qimage print with the correct ICC profile for the Red River paper I used and it printed B&W as good as I could ever imagine.