Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
all models
this is a perfect replay and guide
thank you very much for your help
but i try the service tool and i got th 006 problem
the printer is on service mode and it shows on service tool but cant proceed
So you have all models you can download all Bios you need and than flash other printers. For Canon printers buy or download the appropriate Canon Service Tool and you can perform already a lot of tasks. No, not all problems have to do with the BIOS.
This is not a hacker forum. Some of what you want can be found on obscure sites.

maximilian59

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro-1000, Pro-100s, Xp-7100
Please search the forum for errors and service tool. You will have stuff for a lot of hours to read. After that you will have much more insight to a lot of the problems. The second source is YouTube.
Cheers,
Maximilian

damasaid

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
all models
Please search the forum for errors and service tool. You will have stuff for a lot of hours to read. After that you will have much more insight to a lot of the problems. The second source is YouTube.
Cheers,
Maximilian
THANKS MAN

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
most of the problems are a bios problem
This may be a matter of perspective, one members may not share.

i dont know why the hat answer me like
He considered you a business. We help people here for free. Some members do not like feeling pimped out to help a business make money off our charity.

i just ask for a bios file
Rarely the forum has a post about BIOS files. There is no repository of BIOS files on the forum. If no one answered your requests for BIOS files then forum members may not have them at all. It is doubtful that a proper Google search by you would result differently than anyone else.

You might have had a different response if you had carefully explained the issue in detail and what you had tried to do to resolve it.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
....Rarely the forum has a post about BIOS files. There is no repository of BIOS files on the forum. If no one answered your requests for BIOS files then forum members may not have them at all. It is doubtful that a proper Google search by you would result differently than anyone else....
Those files are mostly found on Russian web sites. Canon has divided the world into regions. The region number determines which cartridges to use and more. Russia is Canon region 4 as is Africa and Middle East.

If you live in an other Canon region than region 4 these files will be useless to you as flashing the printer with a region 4 file would change it to a region 4 printer demanding region 4 cartridges.

I think most forum members are from Canon region 2, USA and Canada or Canon region 5, Europe. This could explain why not much has been posted about these Russian files.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
This could explain why not much has been posted about these Russian files.
I had not looked at it in this fashion. It makes sense.

In the golden days of optical drives there was a significant assembly of hobbyists and techno-geek maestros looking to improve the read/write characteristics of their drives. It worked. My first BenQ CD Writer was a beast ruling over errors and jitter when paired with Taiyo Yuden disks. Typically there were a couple options for flashing the drive, one easier, one more difficult, with software flash apps to facilitate the flash. My thought is there is no easy loader to flash a printer BIOS. That alone jacks the difficulty level up significantly and keeps almost everyone from dabbling in it.

Also, now there are Service Tools and much of the rest is not resolvable with a BIOS flash (electrical and mechanical malfunctions).

As Resistance Leader @The Hat says, horses for courses. The printer BIOS flash route is a very narrow path buried in a forest on top of a mountain in wintertime. But if you know someone who can capture the BIOS and code a flasher app and is willing to share.... :pop