Beware all Canadian printer users!

ltsang

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I heard Staples have a sale on Canon ip4300 for $89, which was for sale for $129 yesterday. I always wanted this printer so I rushed down and grab one, by the time I line up at the cashier, she told me that start from today, every one who buys a printer will have to pay a recycle fee, in my case, an extra $8, and if you buy a TV or monitor, an extra $40. This will be my last time to buy any new printers or computers. I was going to change my TV to a HDTV, but no more. I have my TV for over 10 years and I am going to use it until it dies. I got enough old printers I can play with I don't need another printer for at least 5 years. If everybody cuts down buying new stuff, I think the electronic giants will put the pressure on the government or produce something that will last longer. I don't agree with disposal printers or cel phones.

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Yes..in BC this just began Aug 1st.

This is a new Canadian law...better get used to yet another cash grab. In any case, even with the $8.00 fee, $97.00 Canadian is still a good price for this printer, which used to sell at Staples not too long ago for $149.00.
But...if you still have usable older printers in good shape, by all means use them...and most likely they are easier to refill as well.