Best refill system for Canon ip8750

Flying Scotsman

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip8750
@PeterBJ
Why would you think that the colour matching would be off or the print heads would get damaged when you are using original ink

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
1. Because the ink is intended for another printer series.

2 Normal printer/ink price policy is cheap printer and expensive ink. The G series printers are expensive and the inks inexpensive. It would be bad for Canon if this inexpensive ink gets popular for refilling Canon cartridges. That is one more reason the G series printers are 4 ink printers, so a complete ink set is not available for models that use more inks.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Strangely they have increased the price of the ink bottles from DKK 39 to DKK 59 after my order?!
Good thing you bought when you did!

Even with the price increase it's still inexpensive for 345 ml's of OEM canon ink, relatively speaking. Less than $9 US for 70/135 ml's!

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I guess they thought they would never sell the inks as a 33% rebate has been cancelled after my order. Maybe after my order they regained the hope of selling the inks, even if the printer is not sold on the Danish market (yet?).

Last edited:

Flying Scotsman

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip8750
@PeterBJ
How did you get on when you refilled the 550/551 with the original ink they are the cartridges my ip8750 take.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I just ordered the ink today and have not received it yet. 5 to 7 days of delivery time is to be expected as the inks are not in stock. With the exception of the grey ink the MG5550 uses the same inks as your iP8750.

Last edited:

Flying Scotsman

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip8750
I have just received my vacuum refill kit from octoinkjet if I thought that the original canon ink would work without any problems I would fill the cartridges i received with the kit with canon ink and keep the octo ink as a backup.
What do you think ???

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I cannot figure out what the "Vacuum refill kit" from Octoinkjet is, please a link. The idea of using the ink intended for the Pixma G series of printers in other printers is just an untested idea. I recommend to start your refilling by using the ink that came with the kit from Octoinkjet. If there are later reports of success with the Canon refill ink you could try that.

Flying Scotsman

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip8750
Here is the video link to the vacuum fill method.
http://www.octoink.co.uk/news/415

I chatted online with a canon representative from the USA and he thinks the refill ink will be the same the ink in the cartridges

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Thank you for the link. I didn't know this product, but it is relatively new. It looks promising. The method it self is not new see this.
I chatted online with a canon representative from the USA and he thinks the refill ink will be the same the ink in the cartridges
He thinks but he doesn't know. I don't believe it. Different cartridge generations use different inks, and print heads for PGI-x50/CLI-x51 printers are starting to show defects in the pigment black and/or dye black nozzles, most likely caused by refill ink with wrong properties. The inks that caused the damage have worked well in older printers.