Best Printer I ever had !

duncan22

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The best printer I ever had was an Epson 760, had it for years and whilst it could print in colour was not good enough for photographs. The same printer was used in offices where I worked and they turned out hundreds of pages a week with no problems.
I Then moved on to a Canon ip 500 which did well with photographs but eventually the heads clogged up and I never suceeded in cleaning them properly (wish I had been aware of this site at the time) Replaced with a Canon 610 but the heads seem clogged after 12 months hence the reason for my other posts on this site.
Also have a Lexmark C522 Laser printer but am not too happy with that either as various blodges of ink appear on some pages, have tried laser printer cleaning sheets but the problem remains, unlike ink jet printers there does not seem to be a maintenance page to deal with problems. My main task is to get the Canon printer sorted first and then I will move on to the Lexmark.
Some people are unlucky with cars, girl friends etc for me it seems to be printers.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
You could try to buy used printer and avoid bad luck just get it in top condition :)

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Duncan, it looks like you need to purge those cartridges after a period of time. That is possibly the cause of your problems in the Canon printers. This is especially important if you use the printers to print photos. The rate of ink required is higher on a photo and this is where cartridges that need purging will show their deficiency. Many who hardly or don't print photos will not need purging for possibly years.