Best low-cost inkjet printer for graphics?

dakotajoe

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
O wise ones...what is the best low-cost ($150 or less) inkjet printer for graphics (greeting cards, brochures, labels). I typically don't use my home printer for digital pictures, so that is not as much of a concern.

Thanks! :)

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
Canon ip4300 costs less than $100. It is a very fast printer with excellent photo printing quality. You can't be wrong with it.

Adamj

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
For what you want, i would say something cheapo like a Epson C48, the ink is totally cheap and a good performer (but slow at high quality).

I would have said a Canon but i am guessing you dont want to be raped with very high ink prices that all new Canon printers now have, hopefully chipped compatible carts will appear. Until then i will stick with Epson.

dakotajoe

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips!

Hey, is the Epson C48 only available in Europe? I don't find it listed anywhere in the states (nor is it listed on Amazon or Pricegrabber -- although it is listed on Procegrabber.co.uk).

Adamj

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Just had a look and it is strange that Epson sells their budget/cheapo (c4x, c6x) series printers everywhere else but not in America.

The closest model in the states is the C88, the ink is dirt cheap for them on ebay(.com).