Best colour for even toner use

Alex01

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi.

I am thinking about getting a colour laser printer mainly for printing my own leaflets. Could someone tell me the best colour to print so that all toner colours are used up at the same time?

TIA

Alex

cliffordwagner

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I am not sure why you want to have them all run out at the same time. It seems to me that it would work better to replace the toner in staggered increments based on what colors you use the most to distribute the cost of toner over a number of months instead of dropping $400 on toner in a single month.

When I print flyers I usually use as much black and white as possible, and add colors for accents. On my printer, the OKI C5150n, the black toner is about half as much as the color, so I try to use it more than the rest.

One flyer we print uses a gradient in the logo and then thin lines around bullet list and key paragraphs to accent them. The flyer only uses two colors, Black and Orange, so that the usage of color toner is minimal and we don't have to replace the Y, M or C as often.

When designing post cards or anything that is cut out, we keep the bleed minimal. In most cases we only usa a 1/16th inch bleed and use a similar design system as above, with minimal color and mostly black and white.

I hope that info was helpful.

Clifford Wagner