bci-3 same as bci-3ebk ?

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
This vendor shows the bci-3 as being a compatable cart for the ip4000. Should be the bci-3ebk! These appear to be "no name" carts. Don't buy them unless someone on the forum that has used them responds positively to your post. Stick with vendors you have a personal recommendation for. These may be good, or they may be total junk - poor color, poor quality carts that don't feed well, and poor quality inks that can clog your printer. Perhaps someone on this forum has used prefilled aftermarket carts successfully and can tell you who the vendor is. Many of us refill our carts as we then know the quality of the cart and the inks we are using.

Music Image

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
They look sus to me. If you have a look at the five of them, theyre all the same size. The BCI-3eBK should be a lot fatter than the BCI-6's. It takes 30mls the others take around 15mls.

MusicImage

RC

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
To RVD:

BCI-3 and BCI-3e are different inks. If I am not mistaken, BCI-3 is a dye ink and BCI-3e is a pigment ink. Also the shades are different.

I use BCI-6 on all my black cartridges. I find that if I print using the plain paper setting, the blacks dont come up dull. Also the dye ink has a less tendency to clog the printhead.

Do not mix pigment and dye ink in the same cartridge, it may get muddy and create clogs.

Good luck
Robert