Banding Issue on my 3300

alexandereci

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Hello guys!

I'm using my printer with a little program called InkSaver. What it does is basically limit the amount of ink fired from the printer so that prints on one side of the sheet don't show up much on the other side of the sheet, on a 80gsm white bond paper.

I noticed I'm getting banding issues (horizontal, not vertical) with this. This is particularly obvious when using InkSaver on anything higher than 5%, so I turned it off completely. Now the banding is gone on most colored prints, but when printing black, there is another different type of banding that appears.

Ironically, this happens on Standard print settings, but not on High.

Any ideas what the problem is here?

Isn't printing on HIGH settings meaning the printer fires off more ink, so more of the page will "show through" to the other side?

Pictures to follow.

Thanks!

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
Don't worry about showthrough if you are using OEM or good quality inks. If your nozzle checks comes out good, you just need to align the printhead and you can do so from the printer driver Maintenance tab.

alexandereci

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
A crash tutorial of showing images here please? Can I do it straight from my PC or do I have to upload it somewhere else, THEN link here?