eoat
Print Lurker
- Joined
- Oct 5, 2026
- Messages
- 1
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 1
- Printer Model
- Canon Pro-10
I'm an engineer and have done a lot of tech support and am a generalist but don't have a service manual for my printer or the software tools that might be need to fix my Canon Pro-10 printer.
The problem: I left it with my wife for a while and she didn't know that leaving it sit with ink tanks left out was a bad thing. When I got back, several tanks were not installed. I refilled the cartridges and it worked. I did several cycles of cleaning on the print head, saw no signs of clogged nozzles, and it worked for a while. I was able to print several batches of posters. But now I'm getting a B200 error which I think means the printhead is overheating, so maybe it is clogged. Or maybe the print head just isn't getting good electrical contact. I tried reseating the print head, and that seemed to make it worse which makes me think it's an electrical issue. I'm thinking I want to try cleaning the print head contacts, possibly try soaking it in distilled water, or if nothing works, I could buy a new print head.
However, right now, the printer enters the error state immediately when I turn it on, and since reseating the printhead, I can't even get it to let me move the print head to the middle so I can work on it... So right now, I'm completely stuck. If I can't get to the printhead, I can't clean the contacts, soak it in water, and even if I buy a new print head, I wouldn't be able to install it.
Can anyone tell me how to get the printhead to the middle when it's locked off to the side? Moving manually doesn't work.
The printer turns on, makes no noises, and starts flashing white then orange then white, with orange flashing 10 times and then a pause.
I do not want to buy a new printer, as this one has served me very well and has not been used that much, it's just old. I've invested a lot in 4 sets of tanks and refill supplies.
The problem: I left it with my wife for a while and she didn't know that leaving it sit with ink tanks left out was a bad thing. When I got back, several tanks were not installed. I refilled the cartridges and it worked. I did several cycles of cleaning on the print head, saw no signs of clogged nozzles, and it worked for a while. I was able to print several batches of posters. But now I'm getting a B200 error which I think means the printhead is overheating, so maybe it is clogged. Or maybe the print head just isn't getting good electrical contact. I tried reseating the print head, and that seemed to make it worse which makes me think it's an electrical issue. I'm thinking I want to try cleaning the print head contacts, possibly try soaking it in distilled water, or if nothing works, I could buy a new print head.
However, right now, the printer enters the error state immediately when I turn it on, and since reseating the printhead, I can't even get it to let me move the print head to the middle so I can work on it... So right now, I'm completely stuck. If I can't get to the printhead, I can't clean the contacts, soak it in water, and even if I buy a new print head, I wouldn't be able to install it.
Can anyone tell me how to get the printhead to the middle when it's locked off to the side? Moving manually doesn't work.
The printer turns on, makes no noises, and starts flashing white then orange then white, with orange flashing 10 times and then a pause.
I do not want to buy a new printer, as this one has served me very well and has not been used that much, it's just old. I've invested a lot in 4 sets of tanks and refill supplies.