Automatic detection of scratches in digital images

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Hi, I'm looking for a program that would detect scratches smuges etc. in a digital scanned image. The method comprises the steps of detecting positions of pixels having a significant value deviation from a horizontally averaged value. The number of detected positions within a pre-defined distance in the same vertical column containing the pixel are counted. A pixel is flagged as a scratch site whenever the count of detected positions exceeds a pre-defined threshold.

I know some scanning software has scratch remove feature etc. the goal here is entirely different the program must locate defect areas and notify the user graphically and print a log. Something like http://www.lightningcube.com/hotpixeldetector.htm but needs to work with scanned images.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I'd recommend you take some time to wander over to the stevesforums.com space... Those guys are geared up to the hilt with info and ideas on all things photo...

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
websnail said:
I'd recommend you take some time to wander over to the stevesforums.com space... Those guys are geared up to the hilt with info and ideas on all things photo...
Thanks. I hope someone can get some info here to :)

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Hi Smile: maybe the mail has been put in your trash can directory (possible spam). Check it in there, if not try again.