Atlantic Inkjet Ink

danrad

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I am about to order a large volume of Bulk Ink, I have tried to obtain formulab, but it is very hard to get since I am in Canada. I tried through alotofthings however they do not ship to Canada. I have been in contact with Sensient Imaging however there quatities are too large. So I have decided to go with Atlantic Inkjet Inks. Richard from Atlantic Inkjet was very helpful and accomadating. The only thing I am leary about is that they do not disclose where they get their ink from.

If anyone has experiences with these inks PLEASE help me out and let me know how they worked out for you.

Atlantic Inkjet seems to be the only viable company to get bulk ink from in Canada!

Suggestions Please!!!!

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
Danrad,

I used their ink for over 2 years on my HP 5550 and didn't have a single problem with the ink. On my i9900, however, I had a problem with the PM clogging the sponges/filters and starved the ink pickup after only a few refills - it acted like a print head clog, but the problem wasn't really in the print head. I also had a problem with the Cyan not "firing" consistently for the first few passes of the printhead on each photo. This often resulted in a strange color band for the first 5-10 mm of the print. Someone told me that AIJ uses IS ink, but I could never confirm this.

I then switched to Formulabs ink and haven't had a problem on the i9900. However, I haven't yet refilled after the initial fill (after the carts were cleaned) to state what the long term "refillability" will be.

HTH