Artisan 837 Print Quality Issues - Even after nozzle cleaning & alignment

james3

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 835
I have almost the same printer (Artisan 835 Stylus Photo PX820FWD), and I went through all these problems, and about what I read and what was my experience these printer head hardly clog for real, most of the time the problem is airclog,
-If you want to try to save the printer (I did and I'm glad I did )
1) Buy a cleaning solution (lots of people use Windex, but for 20USD you can have 500ml good quality cleaning solution)
2) Buy refillable cartridges and learn how to prime them (you need to prime them just once the first time) and how to avoid to airclog the printer head

DO NOT DISASSEMBLE THE PRINTER HEAD, DON OT TRY TO FORCE WITH SIRINGE THROUGH THE TUBE ANY CLEANING SOLUTION YOU COULD BROKE IT DEFINITIVELY

Anyway there are possibly 2 scenario for this kind of problems

1. The printer head is airclogged due to the new cartridges that weren't primed very well so the printer head started to suck air once you installed them, a good clue to check this problem is to take a look to the tubes that bring the ink to the print head that should look totally filled with ink like this
    TA1zy.jpg

In case instead you see some "broken lines" it means that there is air in the tubes and you need to prime the printer head, to do that using the compatible you already own, you should install ALL 6 NEW CARTRIDGES, and run at least 3 printerhead cleaning (basically the printer head docking start to suck ink from the printer head once ithe printer head itself it's docked and sealed on the docking,( that's why you should clean first the docking pad anyway and the its gasket see the video at the point 2)) anyway I really recommend you to buy some refillable cartridges and start to fill them (even with the ink you can fetch from the compatibile cartridges), the most important think is to prime the refillable cartridges correctly (I will explain how to if you need) then, once filled, start at least 3 printer head cleaning procedure to prime the printer head ad please read my thread about it and learn why you need anyway refillable cartridges over compatibles that you are using https://www.printerknowledge.com/th...s-photo-px820dwd-stationary-cartridges.14294/

2. you have unluckily an actual clogged printer head that could be harder to fix, in that case the cleaning solution came in handy and you should follow this procedure https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uSi7NzHkII , (basically once you cleaned very well the printer head docking and its gasket you fill it with cleaning solution and then put the printer head on the docking pad to soack in the cleaning solution for a day, two or more if needed, maybe repeating the cleaning and the soaking)

Last edited: