Artisan 725 - faulty printing

Adrian

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi,

I have an Epson Artisan 725 printer which I have been using for around 18 months - maybe 3,000 colour pages.

Everything was OK - I use refillable ink cartridges and the picture quality has been great.

This morning I started printing a 30 page MSWord document with four photos embedded on every page - very little text.

The first 3 pages were OK as usual, then the next 4 pages had a very heavy green cast with what looks like waaay too much ink and some banding - I killed the job.

I refilled the cartridges ( all were around half full ) and did a clean and nozzle check. The test print was perfect as usual - but the subsequent printing remains really bad.

I don't think I have done anything different to usual, and the printer is not issuing error messages.

Any ideas - I am continuing to experiment.

Thanks in advance
Adrian

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Printouts going green, quite often indicate lack of Magenta ink being fed to the head. Of course it can be due to cloging but more likely it is causes by ink starvation from the cartridge itself. That is why you still get a perfect nozzle check since that test only needs a miniscule amount of ink. Check to see that the Magenta cart is primed!
Insert a syringe into the exit port with the fill hole plugged and extract some ink. You can then re insert that ink back into the cart with a needle this time.

Joe

santer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
If you run WIC Reset colour check pattern, it prints five lines, which may give an idea if all the colours are consistent. Colour check is one of the free to use parts of WIC

http://www.epsonreset.com/

Adrian

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice - I printed a MSWord page as a test - 40 letters with font size set to 90 and each letter a different colour as per the 40 basic colours provided.

Definitely the colour at fault is light magenta. I will have a go at priming the one color as suggested.

Adrian