Artisan 1430 Begins Startup for a moment, then all lights are flashing. USB connects for split second?

MooreDesignLabs

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO100,200|1430,P600,P800|HP
I just received an Artisan 1430 that looked like it was packaged well and arrived in good condition. However, when I turn the printer on, it does the normal startup process and sounds for a moment. Then everything stops and every single light flashes. I've attached what I'm looking at. Research showed to reset the ink counter. The printer connects to my computer for a split second before disconnecting and not being visible. I was able to reset the ink waste counter after trying a couple times during the startup process. Still the same error happens. Before resetting, I noticed when I checked the ink waste levels, it was only at 15%. Which tells me it wasn't the issue causing this. I've also swapped out the cartridges that came with it to verified working and genuine carts. Same error. Any input it always appreciated.

318299703_806579950444185_1056920620078262104_n.jpg

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
It looks like a General Error which is never fun but you need more data so here WICReset is your friend.

Grab a download via 2manuals or our more limited one at https://www.octoink.co.uk/goreset
Get it installed and then run it.
The function you need is the "Report" button (not the reset functions) and that should get you the last fatal errors and more details of what's going on.

If I were a betting man I'd suspect a mainboard failure or short on the printhead but it's hard to be sure.

One thing I would try is getting the printhead to move enough that it disengages the lock then pull the power cable so you can manually move the printhead to remove all the cartridges. Then plug it all back in and see if the error lights change. Sometimes duff cartridge chips can cause all kinds of fun so it's worth a shot.

Latest posts