Argyll V 1.70 Released

RogerB

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Pro3880
Just saw that Argyll CMS has been updated to V 1.70. Lots of changes/fixes that wil not affect my use but a few things caught my eye. For example, from the change log:-

"Improved gamut mapping to reduce unnecessary changes to less saturated colors such as skin tones."

I've quickly generated a new profile from a saved .ti3 file to compare the rendering. It is different, and it is better with skin tones, but I'm not sure that many would notice.

"Fix very major bug in illumread. It wasn't actually working at all since V1.4.0"

If you've ever tried to use illumread you'll know what this is about. I haven't tried the new version yet.

"Added histogram plot option -h to both profcheck and verify."

Useful when you want to compare two .ti3 files, for example for repeat readings to check repeatability or to compare charts for different papers. I compared the chart readings for 260gsm and 295gsm versions of the same paper. The result shown below suggests that I can use the same profile for both versions without too much worry!

Ashampoo_Snap_2015.05.07_16h23m43s_001_2D Diagnostic Graph Plot.png

So, nothing earth-shattering for me in V_1.70, but very nice to know that GG is still updating and improving Argyll CMS. I urge everyone who is making good use of it to make a contribution through http://www.argyllcms.com/ so that Graham carries on his excellent work.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Thanks Roger, for drawing our attention to the update.