Are newer 3D printer better ?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I had a couple of shillings to spare this month so I went and got me one of theses.
c3.JPG P1020030 -.jpg click to enlarge

It’s not bad for the price and I was able to use a filament roll that wouldn’t print before using this thing, the roll worked for the first 50 metres but it must have been a bad roll. So I dumped it..

Because it showed all the signs of too much moisture, it constantly clogged up the nozzles and was very tacky like chewing gum, I left it in this new filament box for 6 hours and then reused it and it worked ok, so that was a plus plus..

It has little roller bearing on the inside so it can take most filament brands, the controls are easy, it can heat for six hours if required and the temp. can be set from 15c to 50c, I added a small Hygrometer on the inside of mine for better control, at €40 the box wasn’t a bad price..

bluestang

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, EpsonArtisan730
Creality has the CR-6 SE on sale right now to coincide with Amazon's Prime Days for $339. I also have a code for $20 off $300+ so it would be $319...I think I might pull the trigger tomorrow.

Also in researching this printer, I'm seeing that the major consensus by users is to update the stock FW to the Community Firmware as it opens up a more settings and features.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Not wanting to miss out, I seen the same Sunlu filament heater box for €32 and a fiver delivery, so I bought another one, and having good experience with my previous purchase, it made no sense not to grab it at that price..

It’s great at keeping the humidity constant in a filament roll, because I intend trying the PETG filament again, hopefully I’ll get better results this time using this heater box.. AliExpress do some good instant discounts from time to time..
Capture3333.JPG

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
change the Location language to US English..
Who Feckin changed it in the first place?!?

That worked. Still don't trust it.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
I wonder what is the relationshipo between the weird choice of languages at Ali Express and the question of newer 3D printers being better ( or not ).

@The Hat, in the unlikely chance that you decided to try PA ( nylon ) filament, you'd need a much heftier drier than the Esun or Sunlu. You should get a powerful food dehydrator..;)

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I wonder what is the relationshipo between the weird choice of languages at Ali Express and the question of newer 3D printers being better ( or not ).
Stop being passive-aggressive, Artur. You've had a bug up your arse for a while. Get it all out now or keep it to yourself.

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
@stratman, sometimes I feel that there's a huge gap between your way of thinking and mine.
Couldn't you see thay my comment was purely tongue in cheek ?..
From now on I'll use plenty of emoticons every time I post.. :rolleyes: :p ;) :frow