1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: How to take pictures of gloss differential properly?
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Archival Prints

Discussion in 'Everything Else InkJet Printer Related' started by mikling, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Jul 13, 2017
    stratman

stratman Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon MP830, Pencil
    Take a look at forum member @apetitphoto 's link above. In it, the author's conclusion:
    This comment is shared by others I have read from a Google search.

I have read there are gel pens having archival qualities that stand up to sunlight, but that these roller ball pens are not as adept for artists as ball point pens.

2. Jul 13, 2017
    te36

te36 Printing Apprentice

Printer Model:
    XP820 PSC7180 PSC5180 FX80
    Ok, thanks hadn't remembered all the details of that post. It would still be interesting to know the text of section 4.6 of that standard so we would know whether the standard sucks (aka: low bar on light resistance) or whether just the products suck. I'd have a hard time betting what it is.

If the standard is ok and the products suck, you'd have a nice opening line if you wanted to visit ISO In Geneva "Where should i go to to report a standards violation, my ballpoint pen here..." ;-)

Or maybe go to a keeper at the National Archives in D.C. and ask. "Hey, just in case i get to sign my own declaration of independence... what ballpoint pen would you recommend ? That iron gall ink on yours didn't do a good job, now did it ?" ;-)

3. Jul 13, 2017
    stratman

stratman Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon MP830, Pencil
    :D

Excellent thought to ask the experts instead of relying on internet opinion. I didn't think of this. Give them a call and let us know.