Anyone using the Rudy Halimun CLI-42 refilling kit?

avolanche

Print Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
This seems like a great way to refill CLI-42 cartridges
That’s the biggest load of hogwash I’ve ever seen..

It turns a simple job into a nightmare, just pull the refill ball out or drill a hole in the top of the cart and refill that way, try not turn it into rocket science like this guy..:eek:

Garry611

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1000
One claim is that it removes excess air from the sponge- however, after refilling by the ball removal method, I place the cartridges in a food vacuum sealer canister and draw a vacuum. It leaves the ink in place but removes the trapped air in the sponge. You can then top up the ink reservoir for a full cartridge. This gives a fully saturated sponge.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
This gives a fully saturated sponge.
I’ve got some bad news for you.. The upper sponge in the CLl-42 cart is not supposed to be fully saturated, but once the reservoir is 80% full, you have no worries..

avolanche

Print Addict
Reaction score
That’s the biggest load of hogwash I’ve ever seen..

It turns a simple job into a nightmare, just pull the refill ball out or drill a hole in the top of the cart and refill that way, try not turn it into rocket science like this guy..:eek:
It may be hogwash. That's why I asked if anyone has used it. Hands on experience is what I was looking for, but I doubted if anyone here had used this item, as a search found zilch.
I've refilled from way back and tried all of the methods. Still top filling......but always curious about a new one.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Last edited:

avolanche

Print Addict
Reaction score
This method was tried here before with BCI-6 carts , long time ago without making money from videos, that’s why the comment of “hogwash”

https://www.printerknowledge.com/th...-3-5-6-cli-8-pgi-5-and-others.5994/post-44469
I must have missed the long thread in 2011 on the "freedom method". After just reading it, the method has merit. But the implementation was complex and iffy. I saw this tool on Jose Rodriguez's YouTube channel. I'm certainly not making any money on it. It offers a way to refill used (and even dried out) cartridges without drilling, flushing, drying, etc. I'll be sticking with top-filling. I believe this tool does give a reasonable alternative.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
It offers a way to refill used (and even dried out) cartridges without drilling, flushing, drying, etc.
Any cart that needs refilling need to be in good condition, you can’t refill old or neglected carts without flushing and drying them properly first..
The tool shown in Jose video does exactly the same as the one shown in ghwellsjr thread, in a roundabout way, and needs no expensive purchase just a bit of DIY, and its Jose who’s making the money on the videos.
I believe this tool does give a reasonable alternative.
If it did I wouldn’t be so critical of it..
reasonable
I just hate to see guys waste their money..

Last edited:

cybermorph

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
One claim is that it removes excess air from the sponge- however, after refilling by the ball removal method, I place the cartridges in a food vacuum sealer canister and draw a vacuum. It leaves the ink in place but removes the trapped air in the sponge. You can then top up the ink reservoir for a full cartridge. This gives a fully saturated sponge.
Sorry how do you do that? With one or more and just with the plugs out?