Anyone Notice a Difference when Replying to a Post ?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I have noticed a little glitch that has crept into the Text Editor, immediately after Rob had updated the system to use the new “+ Quote”

When I hit “Reply “ to a post, and I want to add in some external text from another source (Cut and Paste) rather than type my whole reply in the allotted text box at the bottom of the post.

What happens is the text drops down an extra line from the top and every carriage return and the text get a forced line added to it.

This post should have no large spaces in it, (Double Spaced) so this is exactly what I am referring too.

Anyone else experiencing this little annoying problem ? :somad

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I tried cutting and pasting from different web sites and formatting looked normal without double spacing you report.

Can you be more specific about where you are copying the text from so I can try to duplicate the issue?

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
I have noticed a little glitch that has crept into the Text Editor, immediately after Rob had updated the system to use the new “+ Quote”

When I hit “Reply “ to a post, and I want to add in some external text from another source (Cut and Paste) rather than type my whole reply in the allotted text box at the bottom of the post.

What happens is the text drops down an extra line from the top and every carriage return and the text get a forced line added to it.

This post should have no large spaces in it, (Double Spaced) so this is exactly what I am referring too.

Anyone else experiencing this little annoying problem ? :somad

Not that specific problem but what is annoying though i think this was before the alterations also is how it sometimes copies text across and bbcodes apply bold or some silly (normally large) size to the text.

Typicall i get around the issues by just clicking the remove formatting button (Tx) top right of the reply windows or entering the bbcode editor (little spanner/wrench icon) again top right and delete the bbcodes it is inserting...... It may work for your spacing issues also :)

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
a different problem --- sometimes when I try to post a response my text can only be upper or lower case and not mixed upper and lower case. When that happens I leave the forum site, re-enter the site, and then am able to do both upper and lower case typing. I don't recall if I actually close the browser and start over or simply close the forum site and come back in.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I tried cutting and pasting from different web sites and formatting looked normal without double spacing you report.

Can you be more specific about where you are copying the text from so I can try to duplicate the issue?
I would usually use Word Pad, Word or illustrator but it would all depend on what I had been working in beforehand..
P.S. I hope Paul Verizzo is not watching …:hide

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
a different problem --- sometimes when I try to post a response my text can only be upper or lower case and not mixed upper and lower case. When that happens I leave the forum site, re-enter the site, and then am able to do both upper and lower case typing. I don't recall if I actually close the browser and start over or simply close the forum site and come back in.
That sounds totally bonkers glad i have never came across that issue.
I would usually use Word Pad, Word or illustrator but it would all depend on what I had been working in beforehand..
P.S. I hope Paul Verizzo is not watching …:hide

I can replicate your issue if i find a website or similar that has a lot of styles/formatting applied to it. You can generally fix it with the remove formatting tool or the bbcode editor as previously mentioned. A slight pain but at least no where near the weird issue fotofreek has came across.