Anyone Know What Color Is Not Coming Thru The Head? Need A Color Mix

jflan

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Sounds like cyan is plugged or out.
Scroll down in that link you gave and try Cyan, Magenta, etc.

Also in the Maintenance section of your printer's driver package you will find Head Cleaning and Test Print (amongst other things).
Better yet, take a quick look at your manual for head cleaning instructions.

Don't over do it or you will waste ink or worse, burn up a head.

FRUSTRATED PRINTER GUY

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
jflan said:
Sounds like cyan is plugged or out.
Scroll down in that link you gave and try Cyan, Magenta, etc.

Also in the Maintenance section of your printer's driver package you will find Head Cleaning and Test Print (amongst other things).
Better yet, take a quick look at your manual for head cleaning instructions.

Don't over do it or you will waste ink or worse, burn up a head.
Copy that.

I actually thought it was cyan as well. LOL, DUH, blue......I actually pulled out the head, gave it a good soak, a good syringe clean. Will update in a few min. Might be a bad cart as well.

thank you

FRUSTRATED PRINTER GUY

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
oh boy, I got some issues.

Soaked the print head in 50/50 windex H2O. Blew it out well, etc etc.....now ......The type of print head is incorrect, please install the right print head. took them all out, out em back in 2 times, The type of print head is incorrect, please install the right print head.

THEN.......unplugged it. booted back up with the alarm light flashing and......writing on LCD screen says 6800 and.....Japanese writing.

uh oh.

Someone care to help ?

FRUSTRATED PRINTER GUY

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
oh this is not good........Canon says...........

Issue: Error code 6800 appears on the display (multifunction printers MFP)
Solution: The MP830 may require repair

Unfortunately, the issue you describe seems to indicate that your product requires repair service. Canon has excellent service options and we are eager to provide any assistance you may need. Click the link below to locate an authorized service facility and obtain further instructions.

anyone know how to do a hard reset ?? Anyone wanna call me a dumb A$$ ??? LOL, I will own it. UGH, this SUCKS

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
There is an IC on the back of the print head's PC board with the contacts, and water can short out the pins.

With the print head removed from the printer, slowly pour some rubbing alcohol into the area between the PC board and the print head body, use low pressure compressed air to blow out the remaining alcohol and let it dry overnight with a fan blowing across the print head. This MAY fix it, but you may have fried the mother board in the printer, depending on what happened.

FRUSTRATED PRINTER GUY

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
thank you so so much.

I shall give it a shot. Cant get any worse.

if it does work, will it reset whatever needs to be reset on the whole computer ?

FRUSTRATED PRINTER GUY

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Grandad35 said:
There is an IC on the back of the print head's PC board with the contacts, and water can short out the pins.

With the print head removed from the printer, slowly pour some rubbing alcohol into the area between the PC board and the print head body, use low pressure compressed air to blow out the remaining alcohol and let it dry overnight with a fan blowing across the print head. This MAY fix it, but you may have fried the mother board in the printer, depending on what happened.
By the way....what is an IC ?

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
FRUSTRATED PRINTER GUY said:
By the way....what is an IC ?
IC = Integrated Circuit (a "chip")
PC = Printed Circuit (Board)