Any tips for refillin HP #28?

alexandereci

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I've done some research, and I think refilling a HP 28 cart is somewhat just like refilling my trusty CL 41 for Canon --- both are sponge-carts with integrated printheads. However, most (or all) sites advise to just peel off the label and insert the syringe needle; I refill my CL 41 by removing the cover and refilling till the sponge is "almost full."

Has anybody tried refilling HP 28 by taking off the cover? Any other tips for refilling this cart?

It's currently sitting in a dish of warm water in my kitchen, so I have a few hours before testing the refill method. The guy who's having this cart refilled tells me that he took it to a "professional" refill store, but they did not refill since they say he left it "dry" for so long so the head's probably damaged/clogged, but there's no ink flowing out of it even when it is in a dish of warm water. So it's either totally damaged, or the cart's totally dry.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I think you'll find the top to not come off easily as the Canon tops. They're really bonded and I hope Canon does not catch on and start doing the same for theirs.

In my experience, once the HP carts don't give a good footprint, the chances of a perfect revival are limited. But don't let me stop you from trying your luck. At this point they probably won't be revived with just a syringe and refill. The best attempt would be with a deep vacuum chamber ( 25+in Hg) and a well sealed head clip and let it sit for at least a day before trying.