Any other swellable polymer papers?

Paul Verizzo

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ip4500, 9000 MK II, PRO-
With the rise in camera phones and tablets the market for small photo printing is drying up rapidly, just take a look around you guys it’s started to happen right now.

Give it a bit more time and everybody will be sharing their photos on these new gadgets this way and the need for paper hard copies will be seen as old fashioned.. :(

Good evening, Hat! Sun coming up here on Whitaker Bayou, Florida.

Not only acknowledged, but I pondered on another thread asking the question, "How does Shutterfly and the other online printers still do it?" A lot of people just use the site as online storage and no one ever orders. Local drugstore has removed minilabs from almost all their stores, uses just one regionally for processing.

Even people who still use, or have returned to film (Who? Me?) often just scan the negs to the computer and enjoy all the benefits thereof. My prediction is that the occasional 4x6's printed for some specific reason where digital/cloud won't do, photo inkjet printing will increasingly become the domain of only serious hobbyists and artists.

The one bit of good news, perhaps, is that "the cloud" is a heck of a lot more reliable than burning jpg's to CD's. The major cloud providers have lots of redundancy and aren't going to just flip the switch off one day.