Another Outstanding Canon Printer Deal

Łukasz

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
MG6250 (MG5150 before)
iP1900 was very inexpensive by the time - 100 zł (£20, €25, $30), so it was my first Canon branded printer (next to HP branded DJ 400C and LJ 4000 - both are Canon made in fact).
And yes, standalone set of regular cartridges was twice the price of a printer with set of them :)

iP1900 can be reset with service tool v0.700 - even cartridge ink level is restored.

Ł.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Hi Ian,
I reckon they saw you coming with that deal, you can only print a couple of dozen sheets and then a new set of cartridges are needed at 30 odd quid, :confused: owing one of these printers is a liability.

Lidl are giving away the Canon MG 2450 now for €39 and I was asked by a shopper the other day was that a good printer, I answered yes but I still wouldn’t have one if they gave it to me free, I couldn’t afford to keep feeding it with cartridges..:(

Just rumours, I have only bought two cartridges in about 20 years and it is still going strong!!

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The Canon two cartridge printers are more refill friendly than the HP two cartridge printers. With the Canon two cartridge printers you can disable ink level monitoring to allow printing with refilled cartridges like with separate print head models, and Łukasz found out the "useless" service tool v. 0.700 can even reset ink levels on some of these printers :D.

I have just found and restored a Canon MP110. This printer has a separate print head and two sponge only cartridges, one black and one tri-colour. These type BCI-24 cartridges can be drip filled. No service tool is necessary to reset ink levels, it is done from the drivers maintenance tab! Sadly Canon removed this function from newer printers:

MP110-Reset.jpg

Windows update supplies no Win 8.1 64 bit driver for this old printer, but the Win Vista/7 64 bit driver from the Canon website works perfectly with Win8.1 64 bit. No compatibility mode was necessary for the driver install.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Just rumours, I have only bought two cartridges in about 20 years and it is still going strong!!
Well congratulations to you on your refilling abilities, :celebrateI have only ever used HP carts which were a curse to refill, but I still wouldn’t take a Canon printer for free..:tongue