another newbie question

brains

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Looks like a great forum with plenty of info. I'm pretty new at this game (but learning fast) and want to start a refilling business. I have a couple of questions if anyone has the time to answer.

1..Can someone name a couple of suppliers in Australia of refilling
equipment, like syringes, ink, clips..etc...all the gear
needed to start a small refilling business.

2.. Can anyone recommend a good (not too expensive)
refilling machine?

3..What brand/supplier is a quality ink?

4..What do people think of compatible Chinese cartridges?
Some of them can be bought so cheap wholesale it hardly
seems worthwhile refilling.

Thanks for any advice offered.

Wayne

ip4000

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
brains said:
Which cartridges?

brains

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
ip4000 said:
brains said:
Which cartridges?
I cant name every brand and model of compatible cartridge and every company making them being exported from China so we have to generalise on this one. Just an overall opinion will do. Any help on the rest of my question?

JV

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
brains,

Per Scott from BulkInkJetCarts all Canon non OEM cartridges are manufactued by 3 chinese manufacurers. I have found about five chinese manufacturers or distributors on the internet. Most of them say they use imported ink. BIJC #2 are manufactured by Multi Union and use the Old InkGrabber ink. If someone orders a 1000 carts the chinese will put on any label.

Recent ink Patent and Patent applications are mostly by Japanese with emphasis to light and ozone resistance. Non OEM inks fade sooner than OEM's per DellaFave's tests in the forums.dpreview. Per alchemist the major Asiam non OEM manufacturers do not use patent inks to avoid litigation.

Which leads me to speculate that majority of our non OEM cartriges come from China with American or European inks.

JV

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Of course Chinese compatibles are worth the price. For longer-lasting photos, it's better to use OEM cartridges, but for everyday school or business use, they're fine.

Nine Hills

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
This is a tough game in Australia, however if you are still keen on refilling I can provide a contact who can get you everything you need. Email me.