Another great print job from my CR-10...

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Here is my latest project just off the CR-10, I made it in 3 pieces, the top and bottom trays were done first and second, then the legs later, now that it’s finished, I figure I need a second one, this one is nowhere big enough for all my pgi-9 carts. :hu
Cart Stand2.jpg Cart Stand.jpg click to enlarge

I also tried the glass vegetable chopping as a platform, it’s made from something like harden heat resistance Pyrex glass and takes a long time to heat up.
Glass top.jpg Glass top2.jpg

The glass surface is very rough, and my print project stuck to it like glue, and when the glass had cooled down the project had released itself without me having to pull on it, I’ve have to go shopping for one of my own, the misses wants her glass board back... :smack

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Handy dandy cartridge rack. Nice.

I think the cooking motif of the Mrs' glass board is perfect for cooking up some plastic bits and bobs with your printer.

FryingSaucer

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX725,MB5150. 3D:Anet A8
The glass surface is very rough, and my print project stuck to it like glue, and when the glass had cooled down the project had released itself without me having to pull on it
Do you mean you don't need to use hair spray on it?

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Dunno why you need so many carts as you are always printing with plastic these days :hide

FryingSaucer

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Here is my latest project just off the CR-10, I made it in 3 pieces, the top and bottom trays were done first and second, then the legs later, now that it’s finished, I figure I need a second one, this one is nowhere big enough for all my pgi-9 carts. :hu
Did you design this yourself? What design tool do you use?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Do you mean you don't need to use hair spray on it?
I still use Hair spray but use this stuff also, its 3Dlac Adhesive, the hair spray is more of a gel and needs a little longer time to become sticky, the 3Dlac is instant drying, the roughen surface certainly works better for adhesion. ;)

capture-png.5743

Dunno why you need so many carts as you are always printing with plastic these days
I have 3 printers that use all the same cartridges, so I need up to 10 replacements at a time, that is when I actually print these days. :hu
Did you design this yourself? What design tool do you use?
I can never find anything readymade that is best suitable for conversion, all the STL files I find can be altered in height and width but no more, so I’ve resorted to slowly learning how to use SCAD, basic shapes are easy, but the complex shapes still defy me... :barnie

FryingSaucer

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
so I’ve resorted to slowly learning how to use SCAD
Yes, I use SCAD too, for basic shapes also. I find it easier than most of the others, though it's limited if you want to create the pretty pictures some of the others will do. But I don't need to do anything too complicated. I can't imagine why I would want to print one of these SCAD linear_extrudes
upload_2017-11-9_14-40-4.png