Another 3D printed object..

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
This is my latest project...
I am trying to build a Lamp standard for my front garden, the biggest problem I had was, how the hell do I make something to hold the existing glass globe to cover the bulb with.
I looked around and found a nut on thingiverse.com that was 20 x 3 mm but it had a course screw thread on it..
This is what I started with..
Fit (1) light 2.PNG

I figured it might be suitable to hold my glass globe after I had reconfigured it a few times to make it bigger. 130 x 30 mm

Here's what I came up with...
Fig(2) Light 5.jpg Fig(3) Light 4.jpg

(Fit 4) The standard lamp that I already have on one side of the garden.
Fig 4. Light 3.jpg
This is what I've made up and I reckon it looks good and more importantly it will work perfectly, I am also going to make the lamp standard in 4 different colour sections, so when finished it will look like a 3D printed object instead of something I’ve bought..
Fig 5. light1.PNG A demonstration of what it will look like, a SCAD photo..
It will stand 1 Metre high and the White Globe is just for finishing touches...

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Wow, interesting!

Keep us posted with pics after!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Keep us posted with pics after!
Hopefully I’ll have something to report back, if and when I finish the light standard, there is also the installation of the pipe work and cable to be put under ground too, but I do intend taking some photos along the way.

I’ve had the CR-10 just over 12 months now and I’ve gone through 17 reels of filament (17Kgs) so far, and this light standard is going to swallow up a couple more, I wonder if there’s such a thing as 3rd part aftermarket filament available, because there’s a notable increase in the prices, €4 in 12 months..:eek:

I’m still doing a few sample prints to make sure it all fits together when printed for real, some parts are printed same size and others will have a 50% reduction on two sides and extended 200% on the other, its not going to be a walk in the park, but just as enjoyable all the same...
:)