Advice On New Epson P50 Should I or Shouldn't I That is The Question

Arfer Daley

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
hi guys
as some will know ive had a few problems with my old Epson R320 i have now got a new printer Epson P50
still sealed in box crying too be used :) my question's are
would you do the ink waste mod and also fit the ciss system straight away or would you use the printer
straight out of the box for a while in case it goes faulty my thinking is if it does go faulty it will show its
been modified and not been used as per the epson regulations so too speak

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Couple of things.

Firstly, I believe you have to install the original cartridges regardless or the printer will not function properly until you do. I could be thinking of something else but I believe this was put in place to stop people buying in printers, reselling the cartridges (and related bits) at a premium and then selling the printers off themselves with compatibles in at just under RRP...

Secondly, it's always advisable to run a printer for a little while at least, using everything original and unmodified, to shake out any defects in manufacturing or incurred during transit. They usually happen pretty quickly so, a little "bedding in" so's to speak, is always a good plan.

I'd probably go with running down the original cartridges, then install your CIS, wait say, a month and then fit the waste ink kit... That should allow plenty of time for anything really nasty to happen and still retain plenty of waste pad for borderless printing.

Just my opinion mind but hopefully food for thought.

Arfer Daley

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
hi
thanks very valid points i had thought along the same lines but always great too have your thoughts backed up very gratful for your time
grand opening tonight then
thanks again food accepted :)

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I installed a CISS on my R1900 from the very start with zero problems but that's not really recommended. You need to establish that your brand new printer is working 100% on OEM inks and it's able to print a perfect nozzle check at least before converting to 3rd party inks.