Advice on A3 inket printers needed

Dweezel

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi all

We need a printer for our office and I'm finding it a bit hard to come to any decisions by Googling. I was considering the following printer as I found a few good write-ups about it and Amazon buyers seemed to be happy with it:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Officejet-Q...T45L0/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t/276-6769331-2060508

Until I read this review which says the printer is glacially slow for A3 colour prints:
http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/164529/

Ideally the following requirements need to be met:

1. Prints colour A3 edge to edge.

2. Can be fitted with an automatic generic ink refill system of some kind.

3. Reasonably fast (or at least not glacially slow).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Chris.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Dweezel,

this printer is to be avoided as it uses a all-in-one cartridge for the colour inks. Choose a printer which uses separate cartridges for each colour to avoid spilling ink. I think a good and cheap printer which will satisfy your needs, is the Canon IX4000 A3+ printer. Can do A3+ prints borderless and uses separate cartridges per colour and even using original inks is much cheaper than the aforementioned HP printer.

Forget the CISS-system, as it can not work stable enough on the long term. The Canon CLI-8/PGI-5 cartridges can be very easily refilled using the German Durchstich method (takes only a few minuts of your time) and you can use a chip resetter to reset the ink level back to 100 %.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
The 7100 is a waste of time IMHO... Personally I'd go with Pharmacists suggestion or consider an Epson 1400... The R1900 is way over priced and the HP K8600 is ok but not really good photo quality unless you want the glacier thing again... You will find that photo quality will have a major speed penalty though and don't forget that borderless printer dumps a fair amount of ink into the pads.

Dweezel

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the suggestions. We've just ordered the Canon IX4000.

Sorry for the delay replying to this thread.

Many Thanks,

Chris.

R

rain0396

How do you feel about Canon IX4000,I want to buy it,But I don't know the quality.