Abacus Inks???

Mowerman90

Print Addict
Reaction score
Since selling my business I hardly print anything anymore. So it was with disappointment that I discovered a couple clogged nozzles on my MG7120 yesterday. I have been using Precision Colors ink and auto reset carts with it since new. I found out that several of the ARC's would not reset and what ink I had left was getting kind of old so I chucked the whole lot of ink and carts and installed a fresh set of Abacus compatible carts. After much head cleaning I got perfect test prints. I know I can get new ARC's and ink from Precision but now that I'm not printing much it may not be worth it to me. I went on the web and can't seem to find Abacus Private Store anymore. Have they gone out of business or changed their name? If not in business anymore what compatibles would you recommend I use now?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Mowerman90, the Auld retirement comes to us all quicker than expected and takes some getting used to, but it’s the printer that feels it first, as colour is not important anymore most compatibles with work quite well in your printer, and Abacus inks are long gone so unless someone know better, just use what comes to hand.. ;)

royphotog

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-300
I know this is an old thread but just ran across it. I bought from Abacus for years and was happy with them. In all the probably hundred of carts I bought from them I had an issue with the only two and they made it good. I was sorry to see them go, now I just kind of threw a dart against the wall for a company on Amazon for my Canon and MX922 and Canon TS8120.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
now I just kind of threw a dart against the wall for a company on Amazon for my Canon and MX922 and Canon TS8120.
Why didn't you ask the forum for a recommendation?

royphotog

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-300
Because I just joined yesterday. Plus, for that printers, I have not really found a bad brand of ink. I don't use it for photos, just general printing.

Latest posts