A3, A3+, 13inch roll paper. Where from?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I couldn’t possible afford any of the good photo papers available today, because they are just way outside my price range and would be under appreciated for the things that I print in large volumes.

I purchase Epson and HP paper rolls which are a fraction of the cost of quality brand boxed photo papers, but you do need other accessories to be able to cut the paper square and un-curl it properly before use, its also wise to wear gloves while handling any rolls of photo paper.

My answer to Gloss, Satin and Matte Photo papers is to buy them in 610 cm. rolls and cut them to the size I require with my excellent Dahl A1 Rota trimmer, then I de-curl the paper using a simple roller blind..

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550

Ionlab

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF3540
Last edited:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
yes, o.k., try it, I remember that type, it works with dye inks o.k., but less with pigment inks, and 200gr is a little bit too lightweight for me, I rather like it as 230gr or more.
The cheaper cast coated papers have the inkjet coating directly placed onto the paper base, this let the ink solvent migrate into the paper back and it starts getting wavy, and less with heavier papers. The more expensive papers seal the paper base on both sides with a very thin PE foil, and the inkjet coating is sitting on top of that with a special glue, resin , and here the solvent stays within the coating and does not migrate into the paper base which makes a difference, and as well in the price.