a whole lot of questions about canon i560

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
There are tons of tiny little nozzles for each color (that comprises the "print head". If completely clogged, no ink will come from the nozzles and you would end up with a perfect white (blank) area.

What color(s) are showing up white?

sara_can

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
i only have problem with the black one . when i print a black rectangle, this is what i get: for example 8mm complete black (with no error) 2mm complete white (absolutly no ink ) .
i've tried cleaning cycles in a row (maybe 4-5) and i washed the black nozzle with isoproply alcohol (let it pass through the nozzle) . maybe i should soak it in alcohol or maybe fill a cart with alcohol and let it stand on the head for a few days....i'll try that and tell you the results.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
When you print the nozzle check pattern, how many of the little patterns are missing?

I had my black plugged up a few weeks ago and cleaning cycles didn't work. I ran distilled water over and through the nozzles until I didn't see any more color (just clear water) and let the printhead dry and then ran some cleaning cycles and it worked.

Fortunately I haven't had to try anything more robust than this.

sara_can

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
i have put the nozzle in alcohol from last night. i hope it works. before that when i ran the alignment test (the one which prints lots of small rectangles A,B,C....) all were good except column H. i couldnt choose the best one in that column because all off them were half striped (verticle stripes in the second lower half, like a comb facing down).

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Sara, any way that you can scan the nozzle test page and post it?

sara_can

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
i did it!!! i was holding my breath taking a test print but hopefully i got a clean print this time. so now we can add another option when the cleaning, the deep cleaning and the washing doesnt work: soak the nozzles in glass cleaner (just enough to cover the nozzles) and fill the part the cart goes on with glass cleaner (this is good if you dont have an extra empty cart to fill with alcohol) and leave over night+half a day
anyway, thanks to all of you >:D<

sara_can

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
that last one was supposed to be like yahoo's "hugging smiley"! :))

BlasterQ

Printer Guru
Reaction score
do keep us updated on that sara_can, if no problem arises on that experiment, then we can indeed add that as one of the solutions in solving printhead clogging. :)

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Sara.... you can! (get it... her name is sara_can... she can.... oh forget it!) ;)

So, sara, does this mean everything is all fixed and printing clean again? Yes, please keep us posted with how things go over the next while.

I got a plug the other day when a cartridge leaked and the color got wicked into my other cartridges. I replaced them and had clogging and had to work for a bit to get everything back to normal. Just like computers, printers are such wonderful things when they are working, but when they start having problems and you have to start troubleshooting it can be VERY frustrating.

Keep us posted!

sara_can

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
hi..... a few days has passed and a few prints taken and i havent had any problems . so i guess this can be another option....though i think it's better be the last , if the compressed air and distilled water doesnt work.