A Tool Box that doesn't complain about refilled cartridges

TiredofBS

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
HP likes to control what I put in my cartridges and refuses to perform any maintenance tasks on refilled cartridges. I still want to align them and clean them: it's My cartridges; MY ink; MY printer; and I'm an American - land of the free, home of the brave. I'm tired of hp telling me what to do with my stuff! Does anyone know if there is a program that could work for that?:lol:

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
None of the manufacturers make it particularly easy to refill. Still, I've never heard this particular complaint. Perhaps if you care to give us your model number and tell us what you are doing and what happens, someone can comment.

TiredofBS

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Sorry about the double posts. I'm just getting used to this site. I'd delete one of them but I haven't been able to find it yet. i have an hp desk jet 2050 and whenever I refil the cartridges the software warns me that I am using knock off cartridges (which I'm not) and that screen won't go away to let me do anything. I finally uninstalled the hp software so I could at least print, but now I have no software to help me with maintenance.

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
Yeah, that's a very cheap printer that has almost no buttons on the control panel. I think most of the controls are in software. I'm pretty sure you're stuck with HP software all the way unless what you need is in the printer driver.

But I assume you do still have the driver installed (you must have this in order to print anything). Usually there are some buttons on the print driver screen that you can use. Right click on printer properties. At least you will be able to print a test page, and I would bet you can clean it and maybe align it too.