A New 3D printer in my stable..

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Out with the Old… :(

The drought is truly over now, because my new CR-10.. V2 arrived in the post today, and as soon as lunch was over I started putting it together and that was that it didn't take very long.

I used the legs and the stabilisers from the old CR-10, everything else was new, the first job I was commanded to do was for Mrs The Hat, that’s it running in the photo below, this printer is very quiet compared to the old one, so quiet that I can’t hear it from the computer room.

New CR-10 S5.jpg New Legs Legs.jpg stabilisers both sides Stablasers.jpg click to enlarge.
I can’t say much more about the new CR-10 till I print a few things on it, then I’ll know more as to whether it’s as good or as bad as the old CR-10, I probably will do so upgrades to it once the newness wears off.. I'll post some of it's finer points tomorrow, if it finished the first print..

Next job is to finish will be the lamp standard then after that I can choose whatever, I have a number of things lined up waiting to go, I have been doing a few things for Mr The Hat on my little KP3 printer, so I’ve been keeping my hand in.

This first project will take around 19 hours to complete and if the printer can’t take the long hours then it’s not worth a Frig.. This is what I’m attempting to reproduce…
bed.JPG

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
OK, I'll bite. What is that you are making for The Mrs. and why is there a piece of string over/around the print?

Glad to hear your new printer arrived!

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
OK, I'll bite. What is that you are making for The Mrs. and why is there a piece of string over/around the print?

Glad to hear your new printer arrived!
Same question! Some kind of mattress do-dad?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Same question! Some kind of mattress do-dad?
I glad you like it, I hope the misses does too, this gismo is called a Bed MadeEZ tool and as you can see from the Pic I included above how it works..!

It looks like @PeterBJ did a bit of digging and found some information on the Bed MadeEZ tool, when Mrs The Hat seen that on Amazon she immediately turned to me and said "can you make me two of them"… It keeps me in the good books.. :)

Now the piece of string around the print is called a brim and it’s used to make sure the hot nozzle is extruding out the filament properly and is sticking to the hot-bed, it gives you a chance to either stop the print or allow it to continue, it acts as last chance check..
I’ll post a pic of the finished piece when it finishes in an hour or so..

Now this new printer I reckon it does not look as good as my old CR-10, but has bells and whistles that the old one didn’t have, like it can print to Z 400 mm (Old one was 310mm), it uses a SD Card and not a Micro Card, it has Resume print, Filament Detector and Duel Z Axis, it also has Stabiliser Bars on the Front, which I did not like nor fit..

CR-10.JPG

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
As promised, here are photos of my version of the Bed MadeEZ tool, This is the very first print from my new printer, it ran for 26.5 hours,but now it’s back printing my Lanterns..

I probably could have made a better model up if I could get to grips with FreeCad, but for now I’ll stick OPENSCAD, the main thing is Mrs The Hat is over the moon with it and wants a second one.. Guess who’ll get extra desert tonight..
Ezy.JPG

Untitled-1.jpg Untitled-2.jpg Click to enlarge

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Branding looks good. :thumbsup

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Mrs The Hat has me printing while it’s still raining, she had me do another MadeEZ tool to go with the other one, then a gismo of sorts, for folding in the sheets..

P1010755.jpg P1010754.jpg P1010756.jpg
click to enlarge..

After that I got to make an Owl for her, she likes owls as keep sakes.. 18cm high...

When it stop raining I was able to get back to my 5 lamps again.. she doesn’t like to waste print time..;)