A Must Read If You Want To Start To Refill.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I would like to promote a good refilling route for the would-be newbies
who are toying with the idea of trying to reduce their print costs.

If you want to refill your cartridges and save quite a lot of you money
then youll have to spend some of it to get started first.

So I want to get it through to guys who think they can do it on the cheap in a nutshell you cant.

The cheaper you try to do refilling the more it will cost you and there is no real saving to be had at all, a poor setup is not worth it and shortcuts usually always end in disasters.

To have a proper refilling setup that works for you every time
there are quite a plethora of things youll need just to get started.

It will cost the average person the total purchase price of a complete set of OEM cartridges
at least and maybe more to be a proper wholly self sufficient refiller.

The best way to look at refilling is long term so at the end of twelve months
your savings will be considerable thats guaranteed, just ask anybody on this site.

If you are not prepared to spend the money up front first then maybe refilling is not for you in the long term, because a good source of quality reliable inks are essential, OEM cartridges and a resetter are the very minimum you'll need to be successful at your refilling ( much more besides).

A good supplier will have all of the things youll need to get started so dont buy what you dont need at first, maybe later when you know what youre doing.

Do a search on Nifty and read plenty on how to refill your particular set of cartridges first and then be sure you have understood everything.

If you havent please ask for help and advice even on the simplest of things that might catch you out when starting.

There is more that 10,000 member on Nifty who are very willing to help YOU achieve your full potential and efficiency in refilling and maybe go on to be an inkjet master and hopefully then help others to do the same.

The pleasure and enjoyment of refilling are absolutely free so get started and indulge in this hugely growing enterprise.

Happy Printing..
E&OE.
:thumbsup

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Excellent preface to refilling, The Hat.

No need for indemnification at all. ;)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
stratman said:
Excellent preface to refilling, The Hat.

No need for indemnification at all. ;)
Do you mean? :idunno
Indemnify and hold harmless any Nifty member and or any third-party claims which may arise
from following the advice of my above thread.
Or are you just taken the Mickey.. :lol: :gig

WolfgangExler

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I agree completely with your initial posting. But I assume some more detailed help would and recommendation is what beginners are looking for.

When I started refilling some time ago I started from scratch. As I got a used printer from a colleague in our camera club. He planned to discard his Epson Printer as he was not successful using a Niagara CIS and after dismount the CIS he could not get the printer back to work as expected. I changed to fill-in (or refillable) cartridges with ARC and this was the perfect solution. In general now I allways recommend this fill-in cartridges and everyone I know who did this change send me a positive feedback. I will not tell that all CIS are bad, but a switch to fill-in cartridges is easier to handle for everybody.

There is just the problem that these kind of fill-in cartridges does not exist for every type of printer. So buying a printer should be related to the availabilty of refillable cartridges with ARC. The bad news is mostly, that people do not ask in advance of buying a printer, the ask allways later after they got the wrong printer.

So a list of refillable cartridges and feedback of users using this cartridges should be the most important buying information we can provide for everyone.

Wolfgang

inkoholic

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
I did most of the stuff mentioned by the topic starter... and I'm a very happy refiller now! So a lot of reading in here has definitely paid off. I now know the quality inks and can deal with the dreaded clogged printhead. I almost gave up on refilling though because my first experience was rather messy (I top filled the cartridges and didn't seal the holes = black carpet). I bought my stuff from Octoink and am using the popular durchstich method on my Canon cartridges. Print quality is definitely better than with compatible cartridges and my first photo prints look gorgeous. Next challenge is to see if they won't fade ;)

So thanks again for the info! It'll probably save me quite some money lol