A little help, please! Will purging/flushing fix corrupted cartridges

TheBeed

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have a Canon MP830. Somehow the printhead got plugged up and cyan ink wicked back through the printhead into the magenta and yellow cartridges causing them to turn gray/brown. Can any of you inkjet masters answer the following questions?

1) Will purging/flushing the cartridges restore them to a useful state? (I've been refilling for years, but I've never purged/flushed a cartridge).

2) Can you point me to a post or article that tells HOW to purge/flush a Canon CLI8 cartridge? (I've found scores and scores of articles discussing/debating various aspects of and reasons for flushing/purging, but I've yet to find a description of the entire process.)

3) What about the feeder tubes in the printhead assembly leading from the cartridges to the printheads? Is there a procedure for flushing/purging them?

Thank you in advance for your kind help.

tigerwan

Printer Guru
Reaction score

nche11

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Your Cyan cartridge is leaking. You should check if it can be fixed. This is a know problem. When a cartridge leaks the ink gets sucked up by other cartridges and the ink inside got contaminated. It could be a leak from Cyan inside the print head ink chambers. Bu it is rare. It is usually a leak from a cartridge.