A little bit of Helpful advice before posting.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
(1) Start by describing the printer problem in general that you want help in fixing.

(2) Please say when you first noticed there was a problem also what do you think may have caused it,
does your printer still function now? (Will it turn on or print)

(3) Then tell us what your printers make and model number is,
how long you have it and how often you use it. (Text, photo or both)

(4) Please avoid doing any prints till the problem is resolve other than a nozzle check.

If the rest of the information below is irrelevant then please omit it.

(5) Follow this with what type of ink you're using i.e. Canon inks and cartridges (OEM)
or third party (Brand Name) and last pre-filled aftermarket cartridges.

(6) If you're refilling do you use OEM or compatible cartridges and which refilling method is used also how long have you being refilling.

(7) The more forthcoming you are with good information the better chances there are of a quick remedy, your location can also be very helpful.

(8) Everybody on this forum has in the past buggered up their printer in one way or another so we all have being there and know what its like to have messed up. (Well I most certainly did)

Foot Note

We may all be experts on this forum but most certainly not mind readers, so please bear that in mind when you make your first post.

We are here to help you, so please help by providing us with some of the information mentioned above. (If not all of it) :)

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Great info and suggestions!

:thumbsup

I'll stick this so others will get an idea of some of the info we need to help troubleshoot!

Innah

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks for making things clear. I am just new in this forum and I can really start with some guidelines to follow. :woot

smithmark

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Nice guidelines. I just sign-up in this forum. I also make blogs for printers.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
smithmark said:
Nice guidelines. I just sign-up in this forum. I also make blogs for printers.
OK, just make sure you abide by the rules of this forum, especially #9 under "dont's". Posting just to get a website noticed will get you banned so don't do that.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
ghwellsjr said:
OK, just make sure you abide by the rules of this forum, especially #9 under "dont's". Posting just to get a website noticed will get you banned so don't do that.
I was thinking the same myself but you bet me too it..:thumbsup

Iaon Robertson

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG 2950
(1) Start by describing the printer problem in general that you want help in fixing.

(2) Please say when you first noticed there was a problem also what do you think may have caused it,
does your printer still function now? (Will it turn on or print)

(3) Then tell us what your printers make and model number is,
how long you have it and how often you use it. (Text, photo or both)

(4) Please avoid doing any prints till the problem is resolve other than a nozzle check.

If the rest of the information below is irrelevant then please omit it.

(5) Follow this with what type of ink you're using i.e. Canon inks and cartridges (OEM)
or third party (Brand Name) and last pre-filled aftermarket cartridges.

(6) If you're refilling do you use OEM or compatible cartridges and which refilling method is used also how long have you being refilling.

(7) The more forthcoming you are with good information the better chances there are of a quick remedy, your location can also be very helpful.

(8) Everybody on this forum has in the past buggered up their printer in one way or another so we all have being there and know what its like to have messed up. (Well I most certainly did)

Foot Note

We may all be experts on this forum but most certainly not mind readers, so please bear that in mind when you make your first post.

We are here to help you, so please help by providing us with some of the information mentioned above. (If not all of it) :)

:)
Good guidelines, thanks.

Polymath

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon MG6150
MG6150 printer Typical question from a newbie. . Seems to gallop through the ink. Can the indicators be trusted. Apart from leaving the printer switched on are there any other dodges to conserve ink

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
are there any other dodges to conserve ink
Hi Polymath and welcome, Now I'm not being funny, but the best way to save ink is to print more often, :hu yes you heard that right, and another thing is to refill your own OEM cartridges, apart from that there’s nothing else you can do, except find your printer a new home...:(

rwfcycling

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon / PIXMA PRO9000
Thanks for the clear, specific suggestions. I'll do my best to follow them.