A little bit of Helpful advice before posting.

NickQ

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
iP6700D
(1) Start by describing the printer problem in general that you want help in fixing.

(2) Please say when you first noticed there was a problem also what do you think may have caused it,
does your printer still function now? (Will it turn on or print)

(3) Then tell us what your printers make and model number is,
how long you have it and how often you use it. (Text, photo or both)

(4) Please avoid doing any prints till the problem is resolve other than a nozzle check.

If the rest of the information below is irrelevant then please omit it.

(5) Follow this with what type of ink you're using i.e. Canon inks and cartridges (OEM)
or third party (Brand Name) and last pre-filled aftermarket cartridges.

(6) If you're refilling do you use OEM or compatible cartridges and which refilling method is used also how long have you being refilling.

(7) The more forthcoming you are with good information the better chances there are of a quick remedy, your location can also be very helpful.

(8) Everybody on this forum has in the past buggered up their printer in one way or another so we all have being there and know what its like to have messed up. (Well I most certainly did)

Foot Note

We may all be experts on this forum but most certainly not mind readers, so please bear that in mind when you make your first post.

We are here to help you, so please help by providing us with some of the information mentioned above. (If not all of it) :)
Hi,

I have a Canon iP6700D which is over 10 years old, I use it about 3 times a week. I have never had any problems with it until 7 days ago when it started printing only in very pail black with clear lines running horizontally through the typeface (see photo attached). I have tried cleaning the nozzles (3 times) this did not help, it will no longer turn on.

I have no idea what has caused it.

I have been using Cartridges People.com Ink Cartridges with no problems.

I live in Gloucestershire, England.

I am hoping that someone could help me rectify the problem.

NickQ

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Sad to say, but the pale black with stripes and the printer refusing to turn on are symptoms of printhead failure. Only a new printhead might get the printer going again, but new printheads are no longer available, Beware of printheads from China, They are pulled from discarded printers and are more often than not defective out of the box.

The printheads in old Canon printers can fail for no apparent reason and without warning.

The type number of the printhead is QY6-0063 if you want to search for one, but I don't recommend that. So sadly i think it is time for a new printer.

Last edited:

NickQ

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
iP6700D
Sad to say, but the pale black with stripes and the printer refusing to turn on are symptoms of printhead failure. Only a new printhead might get the printer going again, but new printheads are no longer available, Beware of printheads from China, They are pulled from discarded printers and are more often than not defective out of the box.

The printheads in old Canon printers can fail for no apparent reason and without warning.

The type number of the printhead is QY6-0063 if you want to search for one, but I don't recommend that. So sadly i think it is time for a new printer.
Hi PeterBJ:
Thank you for the information even though it was bad. I think I will look for a new printer any suggestions?

NickQ