A Few 3D Reprints...

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I’ve been using these few Tin cover lids that I made two years ago and the edges were getting a bit damaged so I made a ring to cover the edges to prolong them a bit longer, these were originally made transparent so I was able to use a heat gun to squeeze the new rims on for a good tight fit..

The other two new yellow ones I remade with stronger lips to stop them from splitting..
P1020208.jpg click to enlarge..
This is my little 180 x 180 bed Kingroon printer, it doesn’t have the pedigree of the CR-10’s but it works no bother all the same, its uses a point 4 nozzle, which clogged up once or twice at the start, but once I changed the nozzle size to a point 3 in the slicer, it hasn’t clogged since..
Kingroon 3D printer.jpg
P.S. I did the same with both my CR-10’s.. Now no more clogs..

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Prints look great!

Good job fixing your clog issue!

I think having my 0.6 has been helpful in not only making my prints faster, but also reducing clogs.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I think having my 0.6 has been helpful in not only making my prints faster, but also reducing clogs.
Also try setting the nozzle one size smaller in your Slicer.. That makes a big difference.. Regardless of the nozzle size used..

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Your unorthodox ways of dealing with the slicer software, seems to pay well in your case, but if I were Nifty I'd take your advice about nozzle size mismatch with a tad of caution. ;)
It occurs to me that if you use a bigger nozzle on the printer than the one set in the soft, in theory the extrusion will be wider than expected and lower in height, resulting in walls too wide and worse interlayer adhesion.
Anyway, as they say in a neighboring country, every teacher has his own book, and your printers must be used to this nozzle cheating, although I won't bet a cent on what will happen with a different printer.
Nifty, you try and tell us. :p

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
but if I were Nifty I'd take your advice about nozzle size mismatch with a tad of caution.
It’s not that difficult to test out my methods, it’s probably easier than just saying it won’t work…
A printer is a printer and a nozzle is a nozzle, regardless of whom its owner is..
It give a much smoother flow and prevents the extruder from chewing on the filament..
P.S. I’ve yet to find fault with it..

Last edited:

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
I'm thinking that changing the nozzle size from .4 to .3 in the slicer means that filament volume is less and therefore the hotend does not have to deal with the same amount of molten filament as it would if the slicer code was trying to push out enough volume for a .4 nozzle size.
It seems that in real terms the printer is actually taking longer to print the same file and avoiding the clogs in the process, or then again I may be talking absolute garbage :lol:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
It seems that in real terms the printer is actually taking longer to print the same file and avoiding the clogs in the process, or then again I may be talking absolute garbage
That’s one of the reasons why I decided to do it.. ;)
But I don't think it takes any longer..

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Nifty, you try and tell us.
While I appreciate and respect what works for others, this isn't one that I need to try (no related problems to fix) or would be one of the first to go to if I had problems.

... mostly because one of the problems I have had a few times is under-extrusion, and I'd worry this would exacerbate that issue for me.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I was looking at my Bees nest I’d made some time ago, and the only resident I got were some wasps and a couple of spiders.. Time for a reprint and upgrade..

So I went back to the beginning again and made the entrances much bigger to accommodate the bigger lady, because that’s what a queen bee is "BIG", and maybe this time it will suite her better.

I also made the box bigger inside and reduced the sizes of the pipe work (Open plan), now 95% of the inside can be used by the landlady, without changing floors..

Will it work.. Well I can but try, because my other attempts at making homes for birds is not that great either, I made 4 bird boxes and only one has been taken as residents for the past two summers..

This new Bees nest is 31 cm x27 cm x 19 cm high.. It will use a full roll of filament and take about 80 hours to print.. So Just in time for next year’s holiday season..
I'll post a Pic of the new nest as soon as it get recognisable and when its finished, (Blue this time)

Here's the original post..
https://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/apartment-bee.14128/post-122653
Capture205.JPG

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Keep us posted!

BTW, what is the species of bee you're trying to attract? Chance you have a wikipedia link to more info about them?