A cheeky Question about Printer settings

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Hi Guys,

First an apology for not being on here much, due to other stuff taking up my time and very little printing being done. Recently I subscribed to Adobe CC Photography plan as I needed a new version of PS for web design work and my old Adobe elements wouldn't cut it! BTW I am no PS expert ;) Screen Shot 2016-03-10 at 14.58.50.png

Anyway to the point. I tried to print some photos today in PS (Mac version) and find that they are too dark. I set the printer settings to Adobe PS manages colour and selected the correct paper profile and size.

I cannot set the intensity or contrast on the dialogue box as it's greyed out. Can anyone help me get this enabled?

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
Hi Guys,

First an apology for not being on here much, due to other stuff taking up my time and very little printing being done. Recently I subscribed to Adobe CC Photography plan as I needed a new version of PS for web design work and my old Adobe elements wouldn't cut it! BTW I am no PS expert ;)View attachment 3945

Anyway to the point. I tried to print some photos today in PS (Mac version) and find that they are too dark. I set the printer settings to Adobe PS manages colour and selected the correct paper profile and size.

I cannot set the intensity or contrast on the dialogue box as it's greyed out. Can anyone help me get this enabled?

Trying not to open a can of worms here as I am not familiar with the MAC.

However as a general principle, AND when PS is managing colour you should NOT need to ADJUST dialogue boxes on the PRINTER for light or dark effects.

Chance are this is a colour management problem.

Read this first:
https://luminous-landscape.com/why-are-my-prints-too-dark/

rs

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Thanks for the link. Seems I better set aside a day and do some reading ;)

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
Yes monitors are set to be quite bright so your prints will look darker than the screen. When you are in Photoshop just go to the Levels tool & click Auto, that should then print at the right brightness if the shot is exposed well in the camera.