L805, WF2010, ET8550
Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I gey my cotton canvas in Lidl for a fraction of the cost elsewhere and just cut to size and print using very low PPI, no complaints yet...
It’s made from 100% Canvas Cotton Weave with Universal Primer for all painting Techniques..

stoppage

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score

stoppage

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
can't at the moment upload new scsn. Forum says its too large, it's not. Will try again later/tomorrow.:(

stoppage

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
can't at the moment upload new scsn. Forum says its too large, it's not. Will try again later/tomorrow.:(

Can I leave these advanced settings on scan for "normal" scanning?

Attachments

• Scan Advanced IP 7250 Forum Scan.jpg
    Scan Advanced IP 7250 Forum Scan.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 412

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
the nozzle check looks good to me, no missing nozzles and other tpyical error indications. You may scan with these settings your image again, just a small portion and check whether that scan really shows your concerns about printing on this fabric. You may increase the scanning resolution - dpi - to a higher value if it is not getting the details you want to show.
You may use the scanner settings for other scans as well but it depends what you are scanning, what the base resolution is of your target, you have quite some options in the scanner menu for good reasons - just one setting may not be good enough to get the best out of your targets in respect to color or black/white or grayscale, resolution , contrast, color cast, moire .

Last edited:

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Turning on derastering to avoid moire patterns reduces resolution in the scanned image meaning it becomes less sharp. If there are no problems with moire in the scanned images derastering should not be turned on. I think it is only needed for scanning nozzle checks.

Using the scanner in the MG5150 I tried scanning a very small crop of a nozzle check from a MG5250 which shows a typical error in dye BK. I used 1200 dpi and scanned with and without derastering.

Here is the scan without derastering:

MG5150 sc 1200dpi derast off.jpg

And with derastering on, notice less sharpness:

MG5150 sc 1200dpi derast on.jpg

I suggest to upload a small crop, no more than 1x2 cm or 3/8"x3/4", of the photo printed on the linen paper scanned at 1200 dpi. The very small crop is to avoid generating a huge file and to avoid jpg artefacts.

I think nothing is wrong with the printer, and that the canvas structure like surface is intended. You could try other papers if you don't like the linen paper.