65536 printouts detected in MG6250 EEPROM

mswannie

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG3650, MG7550, MG7750
I see no errors in the regular nozzle check. I think the stripe in the dye BK is caused by a fold in the paper. In the extended nozzle check I see some vertical striping in the dye black pattern. I have also experienced striping in the extended nozzle check for dye black, but a regular nozzle cleaning from user mode made the extended nozzle check for dye black look OK again.

I think this is the highest number of pages printed by a Canon inkjet printer posted on the forum, but @jimbo123 is getting close.

Comparing the numbers to those posted by jimbo123, it looks like the MG6250 has just had the absorber counter resat a second time. Do you know if the ink absorber was replaced or cleaned at the time of the first reset? if not it seems to be safe to reset the counter once and continue printing. I think the answer could be of interest for @mswannie .

Here is an example of an absorber overflow
, but this printer was reset 4 times without having the absorbers changed,
Thanks for the heads up on this. Three to four times....I'm only on my first reset so I should be good for a while. Will keep you informed.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
You can put a serving tray under the printer if you think you will have a problem with over flow going forwards it can give you piece of mind when it does eventfully happen..

mswannie

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG3650, MG7550, MG7750
You can put a serving tray under the printer if you think you will have a problem with over flow going forwards it can give you piece of mind when it does eventfully happen..
Good idea!

And a little OT - but any good ways of getting ink off the carpet? It's just a few sports of black from when I dropped one. Is it water soluble?

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Here is a "disposable centrifuge" used for priming a set of HP300 (EU) = HP60 (US) cartridges. I have tried to remove the ink using a window cleaner with ammonia. Some of the ink came off, but not all. I only spent 5 minutes on the test, maybe more patience will be better, like with cleaning print heads? Don't wet the spots, that will spread the ink, but instead press a piece of kitchen paper wetted with the window cleaner against the spot. Click to enlarge:

Socktrifuge.jpg

If chemical methods don't work, then a well known tool manufacturer might have a solution? Also see this.

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Here is a "disposable centrifuge"
:yuckyuck

You must get some looks, and a few inquiries, when you wear your 1960's retro hippie disposable centrifuges with sandals. :D

Łukasz

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
MG6250 (MG5150 before)
Felt fabric may be a substitute for original absorber.

If the carpet is a synthetic fabric, it may be easier to clean with water (less jagged than the fibers of natural fabric).